Adventures and Stuff from David

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Signs and How wonderful Things fall into place

*** 051006 ***
Yesterday I was having one of those helldays at work.. From the moment I sat down to the very last moment to rush to another meeting I was darn stressed and busy. I used to get hugs from a friend before to ease the stress, it kinda makes things alot better after. But I dont think she's available for hugs anymore. Anyway to add to all of it , it was an hours drive to my next meeting because of traffic , I was feeling terribly stressed, you know the feeling when you get lightheaded..and your neck tends to get sore , that was how stressed I was and realizing there where no more hugs to get me by I had no clue how to get my self to calm down. I looked up and asked a little prayer, "Lord a little help po" I said. I got into the meeting and put on my game face. My friend harold was there and some other guys we were meeting for this civic group I was joining. After the meeting I muffed my plan to get back to the office to finish more work and asked harold to get some beers. Chillout as I had a tough day, turns out so did he. We called 2 more friends to join us. We wanted to go to 6 underground to listen to some bands but it was closed. We ended up playing billiards and had a blast. Laugh Trip and 3 cold beers did the trick. Joanne my new gimik partner in crime turns out plays a mean game of billiards and was terribly lucky that night. We beat Harold and his friend Gumba 5-1 .

I started the day terribly busy but managed to end it on a lighter note. Prayer answered.

************ 050706 ***
As I grow older, I appreciate more and become more observant on how God makes things fall into place. Its like Super plans. I guess if you pray for something and if he thinks its worth it enough , things will happen . Of course its not gonna be anything supernatural like a burning bush , no dramatics, to borrow a wrestling monicker, excellence of execution. Disclaimer lang, I am no saint, Im not even a regular sunday church goer , but I would just like to share some stuff I fell witness too.

A bible passage which I liked but sadly couldnt remember word for word , I saw while watching the Movie The PAssion of Christ. It talked about that God will send a Mediator or was it an Angel to aid us whenever we are most in need..or something like that. The scene was when Jesus was being flogged and the pain was too much , then a roman guy came in to help him.

Few days after watching it, I met a new friend, she just came from a breakup and was feeling really down.. I did my best to cheer her up and assure her that everything is ok.. went with her and stuff ,not to say that I went with her just to cheer her up , I terribly enjoyed spending time with her so I guess I was the mediator for her and she was for me. We sort of like made things easier, well I hope I did.

I was in Church one time then I came into a realization that I was receiving a fair share of blessings and I should give back. Since I loved photography I promised to give back using my craft. Problem was I had no idea how to. I prayed for help on how to keep my promise. Sometime later I joined a workshop for Studio Lighting Techniques. I met with a model, Vanessa , we chatted and she asked me a favor to take a picture of her friend. Syempre ako, sige, sa loob loob ko makakatulong na ko makakafriend ko pa tong model at baka mapakilala pa nya ako sa other friends nya. After the shoot we chatted in the car and she mentioned she won a beauty contest and is involved in some outreach activities. I mentioned to her if the outreach activities needed a photographer I would gladly volunteer. Ayun na, she had a project sometime later and I was able to help out kahit papano. I was also regularly checking a egroups for photographers looking for cheap stuff, a guy posted he needed some help for a charity org, tapos nagreply ako...ayun nakatulong me. Amazing how things fall into place. Simple things , simple solutions for prayers. Naisip ko din na baka yung friend ko rin si Vanessa naghahanap ng mga tutulong for her projects and isa ako (hopefully) sa sumagot sa prayers nya. It just made me more optimistic and trusting in God , that things happen for a reason and if you put things to action he will provide the opportunity .

A friend of mine told me this as well, she had an aunt who was an old maid, one of the things they worry about her was that she did not have a family of her own and would be alone. She had a cousin then who became a single mom, she was struggling during her pregnancy and when she gave birth. But it was her aunt that helped her take care of the baby. Siguro it wasnt the plan for them to be a single mom and an old maid pero since andyan na, sila ang pinagmatch to help one another. The Aunt had somebody to take care of (well parang ganon), and the cousin had someone to help her.

Im in recovery mode now sa lovelife ko and eventhough I feel sad , thinking of these things makes me more optimistic, na phase siguro to and I would recover. I feel blessed that my friends are there , minsan inaalala ako na sinasama ako sa gimik to help me cross this phase with as less sadness as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home