Adventures and Stuff from David

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wedding Pictures and Finding the one


Just finished a Pre-Nuptial pictorial for a new client. It always amazes me how 2 people getting married just can't hide their love for one another . The couple was past their 30's and I had the initial impression on the bride to be more on the cranky side. I met them in Paco park for the shoot, which was luckily a place they've never been before. I must admit I had my apprehensions on the shoot and took it as a challenge to make the shoot work. Well It was quite easy actually, I haven't met the groom prior to the shoot, it was the first time I would see them together or a better term would be in action. Ang coooool. They where always chatting and laughing, I'd catch them in moments of uncontrollable smile. This would be the 4th pre-nup shoot i'd be doing, and its always the same for each, their love for each other is simply outpouring. Right there ,I can definitely say , Yes this guys are really getting married and they are really the one's for each other. They have this own little world , like an unending supply of inside jokes. I'm sure not all couples are like that but I've been fortunate enough to get the chance to take photos of the one's that are. Plus they always had something special , like a sign or a signature move . One I shot always hold hands instinctively. Another one is the way the groom always takes care of the bride , "binibaby" , the latest one held hands but there hands where always intertwined and locked. I guess these things are developed unconsciously during the relationship.

Me and my friends would be asking ourselves , How would you know if that persons is The One. Sounds like something out of the Matrix. Well I've had quite a few chat about this considering most of my friends have gotten married and I have to continually look for new circle of friends which are still single so this topic always comes up.
My opinion:
- Sometimes you just know, like this story of a friend of mine from portland, they said She and her husband met at a restaurant. They saw each other across the restaurant and said to themselves "I am going to marry him/her" (yes they both said it) , and it turns out they had common friends , they met and the rest was history.
- When you complete each other , some of my friends are great examples of this.. a friend of mine really great in PR, loves to mingle and party, his wife a bit more simpler, not as extrovert but definitely more organized. Like Woz and Jobs of Apple.
- When you have that special IT thing that you share. Like having an unending supply of inside jokes, having your own little world, sometimes just not running out of things to say and sometimes enjoying silence with that person .

Well these are my observations I saw from friends and from the Weddings I covered and attended. Sadly though I dont think I've met "The One", I thought I did but must be a miscalc...well just have to keeeeeep waitin and searchin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home