Adventures and Stuff from David

Saturday, July 07, 2007

depressing stuff

Langya kanina, today was a gray , raindy day .. day started early , I woke up an hour early and couldnt sleep again. Went to my normal weekend thing then went to MCS to get DVD's and buy a gift for my niece.

MCS or Makati Cinema Square from my estimate should be almost 30 yrs now. Its airconditioning hasnt been running for almost 4 months now, I have not seen the place had all its escalator work for almost 6 years. The place has transformed to a mini quiapo of makati. Dont get me wrong its been my favorite mall for quite some time but on that day the whole atmosphere of the place was really dull and depressing. A lot of the old stores have left and theres a lot of unoccupied space. Kumain ako don sa favorite korean resto ko don.. a cheap looking korean resto that serves beer during lunch time and me libre kanta ang customer..pero may super winner na beef stew. Ang palabas eh Wowowee.. maryosep watching wowowee eh medyo depressing na.. dont get me wrong I feel bad for those people kaso when you are eating and watching tv like a game show you would like to feel good about what your watching.. sigh.

After lunch time for shopping. MCS had the last few branches of Plaza fair, a once very up and coming department store nearly rivalling SM but failing miserably because of bad management . I actually witnessed the owner shouting in the middle of the store in front of everyone, belittling a promo girl.. a true blue asshole. I went their to buy a toy.. I saw half the number of salespersons around. Went from the 3rd floor down one level. Only half the lights where open, so the place was dimly lit. Shelves were full with cheap electronics and middle class to cheap RTW. I went to the toy section and saw some toys half open, and a lady with a girl playing with the toys. The lady was actually an old employee who was just visiting or getting her last wage. She was complaining and saying this kind of thing was not for her.. I could feel the grimm from the other employees, the feeling of a dead end job with a class B department store for an asshole boss . Dont get me wrong , I think being a sales person is an honorable job its just that plaza fair has left a bad taste in my mouth because of the display I saw from its owner.. ..again a total asshole. I was probably buying a 2 yr old toy but it was working and it was cool. I went up and had it gift wrapped, old designs, half lit floor place was really depressing.. Again there where people in civilian outfits chatting with the staff.. possibly former staff.. my guess was they were laid off or resigned because the already declining sales had been made faster because of the aircon situation. Too add to things the guys who where infront of me bagged and tagged their own stuff because there were no bagger around. But as if this was not all enough.. here came the coup de grais ... On the speakers where blasting a Slower Josh Groban like version of Bridge Over Troubled Water.. NAMAN!! Pwede naman masaya patugtugin.. yun pa!!! Now that was depressing shit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home