Adventures and Stuff from David

Monday, June 04, 2007

Warehouse 135

I checked out this place hidden in makati which is supposedly the underground version of Embassy. Embassy is this posh and popular club in the fort where the popular and wealthy go to party. Music is house or RNB. I saw this place from a blog, Warehouse 135 in Yakal st. who supposedly do parties for those who know. If you've been towed in Makati, its right beside the impounding area. Yakal is a sleepy street at the back of the Makati fire station near Topaz. I guess for guys I just gave the best landmark.. Topaz. Normally there isn't anything on this street, just some broken down buildings and warehouses, but on that evening there where a lot of luxury cars like Audi's , dubbed up SUV's, I think there was even a porche.

I honestly am not a fan of house music.. I just wanted to check out the place who was near another underground type bar.. my favorite..Saguijo. The place looks like embassy from the inside, disco lights and stuff, but my friend commented that she didnt like this kind of house music.. I being unable to descern the difference came to a conclusion that this is probably live mixes and underground house music.. just like the good old days of new wave where there where Fra Lippo Lippi New Wave and there was Psychidelic Furs new wave..sensha na ang loser ng comparison ko.. halata tuloy ang age ko. So I concluded and as the DJ kept on blurting out that night "The rebirth of the underground!"... I was listening to Underground form of House. Anyway I would recommend that you go on friday as ladies gets in for free, and going there at 1230am is too early. We left at around 1am and people was just starting to arrive, there was a line of luxury cars starting to form on the road.

So Yakal and Guijo are the new homes of the underground with Warehouse 135 and Saguijo. Kinda fitting I would think.. those areas are dwarfed and hidden by the shadows of the buildings in Ayala.. areas that are obscured by the bling of the financial district yet still thriving on they're own.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home