Adventures and Stuff from David

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Strong Lesson on reality - Continuation

A week has passed since the robbery and yesterday was the deadline for the parents to either pay or present their children. I was doubtful of hearing from them. I tried not to think of the parents in cahoots with the children and are probably laughing their asses off since we asked for only 5k when they can fence the stolen stuff for way way more. I tried to keep an open mind on this , the parents seemed like nice people. The day was long and I had tons of stuff to do, I forgot about the meeting time actually , Jonjon called me to say that the parents were there together with the children. I was suprised.

They were apologetic and returned all the stolen stuff. I actually wanted to teach the kids a lesson and get them to do some community service, jonjon was more kind hearted as he forgave the children and asked them to comeover on christmas. I actually felt good that day as peolples decency and goodness prevailed. The parents ,even with the financial problems returned all the goods , I dont know of course if they beat the crap out of their children but thats a different story,and being thru to their word, they came over on the right time and delivered. I'm not sure if it was because of the way we treated them , as we tried to treat them with as much leniency as we could , or maybe its just them. I felt good as I think goodness prevailed on both parties , although not always, its always nice to think that we shouldn't count out the goodness in people to do the right thing. Plus our house is like a military fort now with motion activated lights , and alarm, plus a barbwire fence on the side. Best part is I got my stuff back. I dont know if the kids learned their lessons, I hope they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home