Adventures and Stuff from David

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back again! - A lesson in Friendship

Sa wakas!! ang tagal ko di nakaka blog, super dami work , one after the other. My friend leny calls it, Kuracho, ang lalaking walang pahinga. I'm hoping not to Rant on my blog after a long while so I wont. A few months ago before all this ordeal began, I was suppose to blog about my adventures in iloilo, on how the best thing I experienced there was not the new sites and tourist spots, but was the hospitality and new friends I came to know. Super bait nung Jaycee chapter na nagwelcome sa amin. I posted some pix from iloilo on my flickr and multiply site. After meeting new friends I came to know and either lose some old one's. I had a friend who I went out with on gimix and stuff, I was like her confidant , where she ran too when she was pissed off specially with her mom. Then one week I texted her to see how she was doing.. no reply. This went on for the whole week , and she would reply on selected topics only. I met her one time and she told me she didnt have enough credits on her phone , which was BS as she replies when she can. I met up with another common friend and found out that she had a new boyfriend which is probably why she wasnt answering texts. I find it saddening how she lied and suddenly dropped all friendship because she had a boyfriend. It wasn't a big deal , i was happy for her she was in a relationship.. but dropping months of friendship in an instance.. hmm , this of which I conclude, was a sign that her friendship with me was based on convenience..which is a shallow form of friendship. Too bad, oh well. I was talking to another friend about this and she agreed, that in life some people are really entwined with yours and some just pass by. I've had some friends like this, which now I learn not to take too seriously. I also have friends which are their always in thick even though not in thin, they are the real friends who I consider family. For me, that is how you know your true friends, they could drop things at a whim to cover your ass, to be there in time of weakness. Those friends who you spend a lot of time with but only because you live in one house or work at the same place.. the moment its not convenient anymore for them , then you would know if they are real or just passing by. Medyo barok pa ang blog post ko ..sensha na.. still shaking off the rust. bawi next time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home