Adventures and Stuff from David

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Following Your Dreams

My Idea of a perfect career is when you do something and earn a living doing what you really enjoy doing, sabi nga Labor of Love. Before I decided to start my IT career I was deeply in a cross road where I would follow my IT career or an Artistic career. I ended up in an IT career and I think I fairly did well but my artistic side was always lurking in the sidelines. I kinda improved and went the next level in my arts career when I started doing my photography sideline but my IT career is still what gets food on the table.

Recently my partner in photography , also from an IT career , moved to dubai to follow his wife quitting his IT career in the process. Kinamusta ko sya and now he is super busy with photo gigs and earning well , enough to pursue a full time career he said. I felt really happy for him, he did it. He was actually the winner of my bad day contest. Nainggit rin ako as in, how I wish I could do the same ... walk away from my IT career and pursue a quieter and happier career track in photography.

Sabi nila you have to be broke once to be a millionaire, you would have to lose everything to get everything... I dont have the balls to quit everything yet so I'd have to think of doing something else to reach my career dreams ... damn 30 na ako I really got to focus more.

4 Comments:

  • "Every man is the artisan of his own fortune." This is a saying from a blind Roman politician (forgot the name), and among the first recorded political speech in Latin.

    Wala lang...lapit na kasi political elections sa atin, sa may konting relate din sa post na 'to.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

  • naku ako nasa situasyon mo ngayon, ako lang maiiwan dahil sa passport. my passport na process naman pero they won't release because I dont have a transcript of records. though I have my NBI, sss e1-form, TIN ID, NSO Birth Certificate, Municipality and Church Birth Certificate, barangay clearance, cedula old and new. I dunno napag-tripan ata ako, they made me pay for the processing though, with an uncertatinty they would release it in time for my flight. i dunno its depressing lang, im bound to lose a lot and subject of embarassment among my colleagues. Its like you got promoted but you got stripped down because you missed the opportunity dahil sa DFA. tsk, tsk.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well"
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • kung may savings ka naman baka pwede mo i-try.

    ako din gusto ko gawin yan kaso daming nag-depend like family sa pinas at family. di na option sa akin yun ganyan.

    pero ikaw pwede pa ata, lakas loob lang yan debs.

    good luck

    By Blogger jromz03, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home