Adventures and Stuff from David

Friday, October 19, 2007

Hole In the Wall: Cafe 77



I saw this place while reading a magazine , so I went their with a friend to checkout the place. Its an old house in Kamuning converted to a restaurant. The place have an eclectic/old house look similar to Cafe Juanita in Pasig and Fat Michaels of Pasay. From morning to afternoon, they use the ground floor for serving guests, then they close the area off and open the 2nd floor where they have the bar. The bohemian theme of the restaurant really shows , but what I liked about the place is that it still gives a corner store homely feeling, wherein you know most of the people who go there are regulars and are at a first name basis with the owner. The crowd their where mostly yuppies with a come as you are theme. People go their for dates, drinks or discussing work. I like places like this as they are places where people go to eat and meet , not to be seen like the artsy pricey places in greenbelt and Morato. I wasnt able to venture deep into their menu as we came their after having a heavy merienda. We ordered their 77Pizza which was a borderline case of filipino and italian pizza. Yung medyo manamis namis pero thin crust. The shakes we ordered where awesome and was reasonably priced. Guests could sit in sofas and chairs with paintings hanging plus other pop culture stuff. There was only 1 waiter that time which to my suprise was still managing to do his thing . I didnt see any customer complaining and stuff which would happen on other restos. I guess the laid back atmosphere plus the home turf corner store feeling of the customers got customers at ease. I'd definitely want to checkout this place again when I get the chance. The other cool thing is that its in the middle of nowhere in kamuning surrounded by gasoline stores, small shops and autoshops then you have a 50's style mansion right there. coool.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home