Adventures and Stuff from David

Monday, February 11, 2008

Quiapo vs SM

I was in Quiapo buying stuff for our restaurant , "Dudes Steakhouse"(plugging) in the street infront of quinta market. There were a lot of stores selling kitchen appliances, basically almost everything you need for a restaurant. Very Typical quiapo. I got out our list of things to buy and bought one item after another, then I asked for an item that strangely enough none of the stores had. I went from one store then to the next until the very last one, no one had it. I did the next best thing, I asked the store owners where to buy since they were more knowledgeable in the ins and outs of the area.. sabi ko "boss san ba may placemat dito" , the old chinese guy said " Naku wala ako alam na meron, dyan mo sa SM try" . The same suggestions from a few other store owners. It was a big suprise for me, SA SM DAW!!! Quiapo, a place legendary for its specialty shopping, where you could buy the screw of a specific model of camera to the IC of a specific calculator, to the even the most exotic herbs and spices.. WALANG PLACEMAT! My mom couldnt believe it, but I did check out all the stores from quinta market to SM and no one had it and no one would point me to another street that would have it. They all point to SM. It just shows how SM has truly dominated the markets. Pati Quiapo natalo ng SM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home