Adventures and Stuff from David

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Davao - Ganda ng City!!!!

3 Weeks ago I went to Davao. I was so lucky that I had my cousin ,who didnt report to work just to bring us around the city .

We had a blast, food was great, air was great, people were friendly plus my cuz and his wife was there to tour guide us... Grabe, white water rafting was the bomb!

Before I went to Davao the thing that always stuck on the news was that the mayor there ruled the city with an iron hand so people always followed the law, which sounded kinda negative. Then I got to Davao and Davao was great, they didnt have the skyline that Metro Manila had, but they had their share of malls, lots of restos, accessible natural attractions , and one of the cleanest cities I've been to.
Surprisingly , public service actually worked to the convenience of people. They had a 911 call facility where the police, firefighters or ambulances would respond actively and timely. Philippine public service timely?!! They had a park open until late in the evening ,well lit ,and people actually enjoying themselves without fear of getting mugged. The Cleanliness is where I raise my hands in salute for this City, they have the plastic coleman type trashcans on the side of the road which normally in manila would get stolen, garbage is all segregated even in residential houses and everything gets collected on time. I didn't even see much street sweepers around as well. Imagine this, a Recto or Quiapo kinda place,or the old chinese business and wet market district , then its 6pm so everything just closed, but no trash around. No pieces of plastic and stuff , not even durian skin. Astig!

I gotta give it to Davao, and places like Marikina as well. They really did a good job of shedding the 3rd world city lifestyle. Their city government know what theyre doing and what needs to be done. Para kang wala sa Pinas. Applause applause to Davao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home