Adventures and Stuff from David

Thursday, June 01, 2006

And I thought I had a problem....My Friend: Fey

I was feeling really tired at work one day , and felt am I really doing something fulfilling? Am I wasting my time? I felt lost , I felt burnedout . Then I met a friend of mine , her name was Fey. I met her at a chat room. We met over lunch because she told me she was in town. She visits here sister in Manila every now and then. Kinamusta ko sya kasi magstart na ang school season. She told me she was realy sad and she almost didnt make it to school.

The reason? Like something out of a bad soap opera, her father has signed her up to undergo training in a "promotions company" for Japan. It was just because of her mother who pleaded that she go to school this year that she was allowed. I asked her wether they were really in need of money? She said no. Althought they were strapped for cash, they still get enough to go by. Her mother sells vegetables in the market, there are only 2 of them left in their home and only she was studying. Her Sister that she visits in Manila , works in bar which her parents doesn't know. Her other sister works in a factory and gives money to her parents. So basically the dependent is her and her father. Ang erpats nya? sigurado ako pag ginawan ng pelikula eh si paquito diaz ang gaganap. Like someone out of a radio drama. Loves to drink, gives and splurges to his drinking buddies , even gives out food to his buddies regardless if my friend has eaten or not. And her father was the one who is pushing her to train for Japan. She was in tears and she went to manila to ask money from her sister for tuition. I dunno what became of my friend, she sold her phone so Im not able to keep in touch with her. My friend was afraid of the bad stories she heard about women going to japan. Although there have been good stories like 2 other friends of mine. But I hope she doesn' end up going. She told me all she wanted was to finish school and get a simple job. Grabe , her problem was like straight out of a movie with an evil father as the villain.

After that I told myself what was I complaining about? My problems are crap compared to what she had. Hopefully Fey is still at school.

1 Comments:

  • David,

    Read the article, feel sorry for the girl and hope all goes well for her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home