Adventures and Stuff from David

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dreaming in Subtitle

Just remembered what happend to me some years back. I was in France for almost 6 months on a project. I was there alone , and knew zero french. I would read a french book just to pick up on some words. Well One time in bandcamp este while home I was watching this italian movie with french subtitles as there was limited english channels ...and of course there is the occasional/casual nudity with european movies. So ayun, I suddenly found myself understanding the movie by putting together what little french I knew plus the spanish words I picked up from tagalog and in school. Just plain weird. Whats more weirder, that night I dreamt I was talking to a friend in french explaining some stuff. I woke up and suddenly realized I was speaking something different. I have absolutely no idea if it was french or not..but it was just plain weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home