Adventures and Stuff from David

Monday, July 10, 2006

Dance numbers at kiddie parties

Yesterday I attended my me niece's 3rd birthday party, she was dressed as a small princess and later changed costumes as a pink fairy. There were games , food and a dance number. I was the photographer and sometimes doubled as the emcee. Her three friends gave a dance number , which was cute. Always cool to see kids dancing and stuff, showin off their talents. Uso yon eh, in a filipino family their would always be the singer , and a dancer in the clan.

So there they were, kids 7-9 yrs old I think, they lined up and started the dance number, we were all clapping ang chearing them on, I was shooting, then it hit me that this kids were dancing to "My Humps" and another song of the similar nature... of the very sexy nature. It just kinda shocked me a bit seeing my other nieces barkada dancing to my humps and this other song (sorry di ko talaga alam ang title). Well I'm not uptight or anything, I know its all clean fun and im certain , or at least hoping that the kids have absolutely no idea what the lyrics meant, the rythm is just catchy and thats it. When I go to dance clubs, eh favorite ko yan songs na yan, kasi medyo..ok hindi medyo naughty...talagang naughty!, walang subconscious crap about those songs..talagang sexually forward yung songs, at syempre yung mga babes sa dancefloor eh mega giling pag mga ganyan ang kanta, plus dyan nauuso ang mga grind grind. But there where this 3 kids girating to these songs, they where pretty good and graceful, it was just weird or maybe its because I kinda link the songs to what grownups do on dance clubs . Baka its just me. Tsaka the parents should be teaching values naman , dancing is just dancing I would say.

And this maybe a change na should be taken without malice kasi nga sa tv lagi ginagawa, sabagay sa dance clubs people shake their thang, meron grinding and stuff pero after the dance they sit down and thats it. Who knows maybe kissin on the street passionately between couples same way they do in europe would be a normal thing sa future natin. Macrocross out ko na yon sa things to do at least once ko kasi di na kakaiba. Well sana nga and sana since our culture is evolving masama na rin ang mga negative traits sa culture natin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home