Adventures and Stuff from David

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Cars and Life












*************Updates ************
I was watchin a movie in HBO, it was about some xrteme athletes on a roadtrip. I was already picturing myself on a roadtrip. If I end up with the RS, I'd stick my head out the moonroof while on the highway to Vigan. If I end up with the Jazz, I'd go the same route as the petron challenge went , see if I can also go 1000KM in 1 tank of gas.

*****Original Post ****************
Im planning to buy a car. Im not rich so when I do buy one I have to do it very very carefully a I dont have money to waste. Im gonna have to sell my old car and get a loan, a 4 year loan and do some saving .

Here are my choices, buy a civic, a jazz or recently a Lynx RS 2nd hand(Actual picture posted).
Here is how I see it:
Civic - Nice , new , Loved the look and style , has the features I want, Maporma, but Pricey.
Jazz - Small, Super tipid sa gas, a very practical car, brand new rin, pero not as prestigious , and looks wise needs getting use to, Practical not as hot, but a lot cheaper than the civic.
Lynx RS - Eto ang nagpagulo sa lahat dahil dati 2 lang ang choices ko, now 3 na. 2Nd Hand, high gas consumption , Pero Winner porma, look and style. Cheaper in price dahil 2nd hand pero it has risks of course although ang sabi sa akin eh 10K km p a lang yung 2 year old RS na binebenta sa akin. Plus this use to be my dreamcar. Bakit eto nagpagulo, kasi if I choose this, I need decide fast and comeup with the money kasi baka maunahan ako .

So why did I associate it with life? Since I was indecisive, I asked my friends what they would buy... Lets take out the Civic from the equation since the only factor that was stopping me there is the money. If I can really afford it , I would go for the Civic. So lets put the Jazz and RS head to head.

What was the trend? everyone who was married said that I should buy a new car , the Jazz isnt that bad, its smaller but you can always jazz it up. Plus its cheaper in gas. 1200km in one tank of gas goes the commercial. Plus this days I have to be practical and that I would have peace of mind since its a brand new car.

everyone who was single told me that Its ok to get the sportier RS , It compliments my lifestyle and my personality, goes one of my friend. Another friend told me , its cool since not many guys have an RS plus its bigger than the jazz. A family can fit in it , and since where moving offices I dont have to worry much about gas. I dont think my single friends where looking more on the image or yabang but more for the fun factor of it.

It dawned on me that if I had a fiance or was married by this time I would have taken the Jazz hands down. If I was a bit younger, I would have taken the RS hands down .

Of course this is in no way a serious problem, people have way more serious problems than thinking of which car to buy, napansin ko lang talaga ang views ng tao nagiiba when you get married or get older. Even my friend na car freak, Jazz pa rin ang sinuggest nya and yes he is married.

So whats my plan, Im giving in to the fun factor , but heres my plan.. Priority 1 go for Civic, see If I can borrow from my folks so I can make the monthly payments. I can pay it yes but I would have to do a drastic change in lifestyle and it leaves me no breathing room if I need to loan something else. So If I can get some money from my folks then I would gofor the Civic.

Priority 2. Lynx RS, Have it checked from the insurance and with a mechanic to lessen the risks. If it really is as fresh, then its good. Make sure also that I sell my old car at a good price. This would be a deciding factor, If I sell my car at a good price and the RS is still available, then it is meant to be. If I get this, I would only have a low monthly and would give me some options to loan for a house maybe? If not, Option 3...Jazz. Im hoping I made a Fun yet practical decision.

Ford Lynx 2000 Ghia. 1.6L ABS and Airbags . 15in Mags For Sale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home