Adventures and Stuff from David

Monday, July 17, 2006

Goodbye Angel


By Tomorrow July 17,2006, I would have sold my car, my first car...Angel.

I rechristened my Cars name to Angel last January after I got off un scathed from a terrible accident.I called my car Jet Li before, named after my favorite kungfu star, until last october 05 a 6 wheeler truck slammed right into the driver side door 6 inches 12 inches away from me.
Im selling Angel as its the practical thing to do, maintenance cost would slowly increase more and more as more parts needs replacement, New tires, insurance, breakpads, etc , plus the older my car gets the lower the resale value goes, not mention the hidden problems that resulted from the accident will certainly be creeping out sooner or later.

How I terribly wished my company had a car plan, or that I earn enough to afford a 2nd car , I would buy a smaller car and keep angel for sentimental reason. Sadly I cant.So with a terrribly heavy heart , I am parting with Angel but hopefully still leaving with me all the memories and adventures we had.

Medyo OA for a car ang reaction ko some may say, well Its a guy thing. Its a guy thing to have some weird ass connection to his car, specially his first car. I've had a car before when I was studying but Angel was the first Car I bought. I saved up from the overseas assignments I had and used up almost most of them to buy Angel. A Ford Lynx 2000 Ghia Model, she suited my personality and taste terribly well, she was not the popular choice but had more to offer than the popular Honda Civic Vtec interms of price and options. She was one of the cars in the Philippines to offer an Airbag /ABS /CD Changer , silver interior panels, and Leather seats during its time and for its price. She was a find.

She was part of most of my adventures. I've taken her to Baguio, many times in subic, tarlac, san pablo, pagsanjan and all over metro manila. I took her going to a wedding in Tarlac in 2001, it was held in a small barrio and everyone was looking at her as there werent much cars in the place not to mention a new model. I met most of my girlfriends and would go on dates in Angel. Angel was the only car which my dad was not allowed to smoke in, he once did and the next day I spend P2000 to have her interior detailed. Never did I get stuck in a difficult situation with Angel. Low battery current, overheating, bad engine sensor , I had all this problems but never did she stall in the middle of the road or anywhere that would put me in a bad situation, she would breakdown near gas stations or near a familiar place.

I used her for my photoshoots, packing her trunk with my studio and other photo equipment. I would be running from 1 gig to another , running an errand then going to photoshoot then running to a night-out.

Night-outs , Angel and I had quite a few of those, along with other fun and sometimes naughty adventures. Naughty adventures in the car... well Ill just leave it at that. Near close calls, we had those as well, thanks to the ABS I escaped quite a few accidents . There was even this one time I got into my first street fight as I was so pissed off during that time, and an asshole bumped angel from the back then tried to flee the scene...well that didnt go well, had a fight in the street , got a few punches in, pero lugi talaga ako kasi mukhang driver ang kalaban ko... kahit matamaan ko di halata , wala ng mababasag sa mukha nya...di katulad ko hehehe.

I definitely had my share of adventures and misadventures with Angel, she was the silent witness to all the experiences I've had . I will truly miss her. Bye Angel, a new family would be buying you , take them hope safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home