Adventures and Stuff from David

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why women rule here

In a conversation with a visitor from the US, I mentioned to them that the Philippines was the number 1 asian country in the top 10 countries for gender equality, our visitor came back with a witty yet kinda true remark, he said "Equality, what equality? women here rule" he then looked at our VP who is a woman.

This is my other version of why Women rule here in the Philippines. Well we have strong and great women here, our leaders and other women like my Mom.. Love you Mom (wala ng kokontra basta great ang mom ko) . The other reason is the magic power women have over the men. I am a busy person, and I have lots of day to day responsibilities, I look after one of the top earner accounts in my company , and I look after 40 IT guys every day,plus I make sure everything is well coordinated with our clients in the US and India..but suddenly all this got pushed aside. This is what happened.

I told some guys that there was this huge sale of electronics that I just went to and prices where crazily low. I had just got back in the office that time and had some stuff to do in the office. My crush, YM's back saying that it was timely and asked if I would be going there again, I told her I was thinking of it because I was looking at a DVD. She told me we should go then, she asked if I was busy.. I remembered all the stuff I wrote at the first paragraph, all the stuff I had to do.. so I answered her..NO, Im fine to go . My mind just froze , she asked me If I could just pick her up , well it was 10 min from my office to the warehouse and it was 20 min from my office to hers on a slightly opposite direction.. so of course I answered her "sure , no problem, your just on the way there". I figured, ok I leave at 3pm, I have a 530pm call, Ill be in and out of the place and be back before 530. I picked her up and went to the store, I bought a camera for a friend of mine, looked at a dvd player which I might go back for, and helped her out picking a new digicam. Well she mentioned if it was ok to go to another sale after that? So me with my schedule, of course I answered "Sure" , at the back of my mind, ok my 530 call is screwed wat do I do.. thank goodness for cellphones and remote access longdistance calls.So I went with here to this other sale, bought some stuff as well for xmas, and took the conference call from my cellphone.

So to make things short, women have also the power to turn guys minds to butter. Nagiging Utak Kamote pag girls na ang katapat.. We get Zombied out and highly agreeable. And Its all worth it. Because when I did get back in the office to finish some pending work ,I got it done twice as fast with a smile on my face.

3 Comments:

  • alam ng crush mo na crush mo sya? kung hindi pa, at kung nagbabasa sya ng blog mo... alam na nya ngayon, hehehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 AM  

  • eh crush lang naman eh..although parang hich school ang dating..nax crush. Tsaka in the true spirit of blogging eh bahala na si batman kung malaman nya.

    By Blogger Davidmakulit, at 6:56 PM  

  • Wow.. babae po ako at talagang naramdaman ko ung power na sinasabi mo.. hmmm bigla ko tuloy na-apprecciate pagiging babae.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home